This forum is not used frequently!
Following a decision made in V2 to consolidate all community functions into Discord, all forum-related items are kept on our Discord server.
You can make reports, refund requests and ban appeals at https://discord.ss-rp.com

Suggestion for Chat Color Improvements

Hey there! 👋

Firstly, I want to express my appreciation for the continuous development and updates you bring to the server. As a newcomer, I've thoroughly enjoyed exploring the unique features you offer.

However, I wanted to bring a minor concern to your attention regarding the chat system. The colorful chat can be a bit overwhelming for new players, often causing confusion and making it challenging to follow conversations. I have a suggestion to enhance the chat experience and make it more user-friendly.

For the In-Character (IC) chat, I propose using white as the default color. To indicate distance, gradually shift the color to grey using the following scale:
  • White: #FFFFFF
  • Grey1: #E6E6E6
  • Grey2: #C8C8C8
  • Grey3: #AAAAAA
  • Grey4: #8C8C8C
  • Grey5: #6E6E6E
Similarly, for the Out-of-Character (OOC) chat, maintaining the brackets (( )) would be beneficial. This helps distinguish OOC discussions while maintaining consistency.

As for the /me, /do, and /ame commands, I suggest using a distinctive color such as purple:
  • Purple: #C2A2DA
Present these commands in the chat box as follows:
  • /me: * Player_Name string
  • /do: * String (( Player_Name ))
  • /ame: > Player_Name string (visible only to the player using /ame, displayed above the pedestrian's head)
For the Public chat, consider using the following color:
  • Orange: #FFA500
To clarify its OOC nature, add brackets (( )):
  • /p: (( Player_Name: string ))
I understand the desire to set your server apart, and I believe these adjustments align with the basics of a roleplay server, contributing to a more enjoyable experience for all players.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Looking forward to continued adventures on the server!

Best regards,
Earl Thompson